Peace and Conflict Studies
Find information that concerns all enrolled students on the Department's general pages: Information about your studies. You can also click on "Current students" to access these pages.
Information about each course in the subject Peace and Conflict Studies can be found in the main menu bar Education or by finding your course in the links below.
The courses are intended for students who wish to apply multidisciplinary perspectives to issues of war, conflict analysis and peacebuilding and are offered every second term.
The following courses are offered on the bachelor level entirely in English and are available for both programme students as well as exchange students who apply through their international coordinator.
- Diplomacy, Negotiation and Mediation, bachelor level, 7,5 credits, Spring term
- International Ethics, Justice and War, bachelor level, 7,5 credits, Spring term
The following courses are offered part-time on the intermediate level in English and are available to Swedish students as well as exchange students who apply through their international coordinator.
Master level in Peace and conflict studies
- Development studies at lu.se
- Global studies at lu.se
- Social studies of gender at lu.se
Research in Peace and Conflict Studies is multidisciplinary, comprising disciplines such as political science, international law, intelligence analysis, history, social anthropology and economic history.
- War, conflict, terrorism
- Peacekeeping interventions and defence
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Democratisation, economic development and state reconstruction
- International law, norms and human rights
- Intelligence analysis, technology and defence doctrines
Tel: 046-222 45 53
Email: lisa [dot] strombom [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se
Daniel Alfons / Mats Janér
Tel: 046-222 89 50 / 046-222 80 48
Email: studievagledare [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: +46 46-222 82 05
E-mail: expeditionen [at] svet [dot] lu [dot] se